There was a demand for a separate university in the field of agriculture for the Hyderabad - Karnataka region. This led to the establishment of the University of Agricultural Sciences Raichur in the year 2008. The university was carved out of the Agricultural University Dharwad (the university at Dharwad was carved out of the Agricultural University Bangalore). The university has jurisdiction over the districts of Hyderabad - Karnataka region.
In The News
A list of news articles related to the establishment and development of the university.
- 23rd Nov 2004 - Proposal for university at Raichur sent to government
- 13th Jul 2007 - Proposal to be considered by state government
- 18th Jul 2008 - Funds earmarked for establishment of the university
- 18th Oct 2008 - Development works on university to being soon
- 26th May 2009 - Additional funds sought for the university
- 1st May 2010 - Vice-Chancellor takes charge
The university has jurisdiction over colleges in Bidar, Gulbarga, Raichur, Bellary, Koppal and Yadgir. There are 3 colleges under the purview of this university.
- College of Agriculture, Raichur
- College of Agricultural Engineering, Raichur
- College of Agriculture, Bheemarayanagudi
The research need of the farmers is taken care through 11 Agricultural Research Stations which have been established at different centres throughout the region.
The complete address of Agricultural University at Raichur is given below.
- University of Agricultural Sciences
The university has its own website which contains detailed information about the university.
Visit the website of Agricultural University Raichur and get the latest updates.